Wednesday, December 12, 2012

running + walking



Up until yesterday it would have made more sense to say "walking + running".  But yesterday morning I crossed over the threshold of running more than I'm walking. 

Now, I was really nervous about it  because yesterday was the start of week 4 and the total running jumped from 10 minutes, at the end of week 3, to 14 minutes.  But just like the other times when I've been nervous, I did just fine.  My legs even felt the best they have felt since beginning this program a.k.a my calves weren't on fire.

I'm progressing well and I'm even getting a little faster.  I'm attributing a lot of that to rest days {from running} and my mix of cross training, weight training, and yoga on those rest days.  I've even gotten brave and have signed up for a 10k that ends a week after my 10k Runner program ends.  Perfect timing!  I'm not expecting to be super fast but I am excited about running in an actual race to hopefully see my hard work pay off... even if it's only in the form of a t-shirt. ;)

And speaking of t-shirts, Steve will be thrilled to see some new shirts make their way into our closet.  I have a horrible habit of hanging on to them until they turn into nothing but threads but I will gladly replace some old race shirts with new ones.  It's a win-win for everyone.

Last but not least, I'm waiting to see if I got into the Nike Women's half in DC... it's a lottery and so far no word but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Thinking happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment